Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ant weirdness

Let me start by saying that having ants in the home here in Maun is not considered to be a problem. It's just the way things are. The place we're in now is pretty good; we rarely see them, just a small string of them here and there if some food falls on the floor or gets left on the counter. Ziploc baggies are my friend, let me tell you. I baggie everything.

But we have a weird thing going on right now; piles of dead ants. Like, I came out to the living room this morning and was greeted with a small pile of dead ants. It's hard to tell from this picture but the dark brown bits are dead ants and the lighter bits look like pulverized concrete. The thing is, I didn't spray this area so I'm not responsible for the dead ants. Rob says that the landlord does have his guys sprinkle ant killer around the foundations so maybe that's what's killing them. They're just crawling inside and dying once they arrive. At any rate, I guess I'm just glad that they're dead when they arrive, rather than infesting the kitchen. I just have to sweep up the piles. There are worse things.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…