Friday, April 15, 2005

Radio ga-ga

Rob's first recording project finishes up this week. During the planning portion of the course, the group that Rob and I were in wrote and planned an 8 minute radio program. This week, a new group that he is in recorded and produced it. I got to be a part of the hullabaloo on Monday and Tuesday.

On Monday, I sang and played guitar for "You move me" (previously recorded by Garth Brooks and Susan Ashton, on separate occasions). Yes, you read right ... played guitar. Not a strength of mine. But they had to use different techniques for each recording session and for this one they were only allowed to use one microphone. That meant skillfull placement of the mike somewhere between the guitar and my mouth. And I had to do it through at least 3 times, for each member of the group to have a shot at prompting, setting levels and recording. My poor, tender fingies!

On Tuesday, they were able to use 2 mikes and Rob played guitar while I sang. We did a tune about the Good Shepherd by Elizabeth Stone, friend of ours.









It's been a busy week for me, oddly enough. Now that I'm gearing up for the next phase (post-VMS course), I feel like I have tons to do. I've even made a daily schedule, to make sure I don't go crazy with one thing and let the rest slide. For example, the next thing on my schedule for this morning is ... dishes. [sigh].

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…