Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Snow day

I'm afraid that I'll have to upload the pictures later but yesterday Rob and I were working in a winter wonderland! Yes, it snowed on Monday night and we elected to not go anywhere yesterday. I actually declared it a bed day for myself and only left the bed for the most serious of reasons (e.g. eating soup). I have been a little under the weather since Thanksgiving and thought, "Hey ... I can't do anything online because we can't drive to a coffee shop (for the wireless). I think I'm going to stay in bed and get some extra rest, maybe lick this nagging bug-like scratchy eyes and nose, sore throat and fatigue once and for all." So, I did. I crawled back in, set up pillows behind me and gathered donations, road-trip receipts and church speaking reports around me, laptop in hand. By nearly 1PM, I had everything processed and ready to be mailed. Next, I wrote copy for a mailing to go out this week along with the newsletter and finished up the text for our Christmas letter. Rob will compile that as well this week, with the pictures we selected from this past year. I entered new addresses in my Outlook contacts and went through the rest of our mail from November, while we were gone. I sorted stacks of paper that had been piled on the dining room table since we arrived in B'ham at the end of September. By 4PM, I had done a surprisingly significant amount of stuff ... for a sick girl.

Rob did leave the house once, to fetch us afternoon lattes at a nearby espresso stand. He walked, not drove. Aunt Connie gave us minestrone for dinner; yummers. Nothing like hot soup on a cold day.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…