Thursday, September 10, 2009

Air quality


The view to the east


The view to the south


The view to the west

Notice a pattern? Maun is layered with a creamy coating of various air pollutants right now. Happened last year at about this time too. And my sinuses are talking about it. Had to whip out the old sinus irrigator. Then, I did a little online digging to see if pollution is a known issue in Botswana. Known issue? Well, let's just say that a single mine in Selebi-Phikwe is responsible for 90% of the sulfur dioxide emissions in Botswana. Plus, this is the time of year when people start burning the brush, preparing for planting, if I understand correctly. And the trash fires are year round, though not as much of an issue in the rainy season. I'm not a rainy day fan but, this time of year, my heart makes an exception. Rains, come quickly!

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…