Saturday, August 20, 2005

INS photos



This was the first of the passport photos taken. I was pretty happy with this one; it looks like me being happy and alert. It's overexposed.

This one had to be redone because of the eyes.

Again with the eyes being a problem.

This one was my favorite. I went to my INS appointment happy to have this as my official face for the duration of my permanent residency. But, alas, it was not to be. I look a little too happy. Which leads us to the final photo ...


Yucko. Note the bulging eyes that scream, "My thyroid is having a field-day! Look what situational stress can do to a face!" Rob says it doesn't look that bad. He says I just look a little disgruntled. But he gets paid to say things like that.

When I become a US citizen, my passport photo will be smashing. I will bathe in asses' milk and take valerian for a week before the photo. I will also practice smiling with my mouth closed and eyes open.

2 comments:

Marco said...

You look like a native woman, maybe Sacigawea or Pocahontas.

The third one looks pretty scary. Can you imagine that as your ID photo?

Eshinee Veith said...

True ... if anyone gave my ID photos a good look, they'd realize that they should be asking me for the right to live freely on this continent. [grin]

Yeah, the third picture. I did have a moment of trepidation when that one was taken as the reason for retaking the one immediately before it was "eyes closed". I could imagine them saying, "Well, eyes are open ... got what you asked for! Pbth!" But they were cool and redid.

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…