Saturday, August 06, 2005

Yippee! ... um .... [sniffle]

Well, that's it. The graded portion of this course is over. What's funny about that is that on The Comp, which we were trying to decide whether or not it would count toward my final grade, my test score was 0.4% less than my course grade to date. As in, will not actually change my grade. Teehee!

Went to my first pig-picking last night. Seth and Wade procured a fully-cooked whole pig for the class to pick to greasy pieces at the weekly picnic last night. Everyone was pretty exultant. They ate the entire thing, and I do mean all of it. There's a good reason I don't have pictures. :) However, if you want to see what a pig-picking looks like, this guy took lots of pictures at his family pig-picking.

My contribution was a modified version of a side dish recipe that I found on Recipezaar.com, Curried Chickpeas and Black Beans. My modifications were pretty simple: 1 tsp sugar, 2Tbsp minced garlic and sea salt to taste. And I used the parsley, not the cilantro. Had I my time back, I probably would have gone ahead and chopped up a Fuji apple to throw in, instead of adding the tsp of sugar. Would have achieved the necessary sweetness for balance but with a kick of appley flavor, which I like in a curry.



I had considered making the Perky Penguins but, in the end, decided against the massive effort involved.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…