Monday, August 15, 2005

Now in Ohio

Didn't exactly post my head off last week, did I?

Reading week was full but exciting. Found myself spending scads of time on the translation work, mainly looking up unknown vocab. We made it through alive ... yay! A bunch of folks in my class took me out to that great Mexican place on Forest Drive, the one I mentioned in an earlier post, San Jose; Jackie's idea. We had a blast. I split a pollo fundido with Amy and a peach margarita with Lindsay.

I had run on Friday to buy a laptop case at Staples as the one I ordered online didn't arrive in time for my flight on Saturday. I like the case I found; nice and well-priced. Got back in time to do some packing before the Friday night BBQ.

Wade gave me a lift to the airport shortly after noon. Made all my flights and connections OK. Rob and his parents picked me up in Columbus, OH. We went to an "Irish" pub for dinner and drove home to Mansfield in a blazing lightning/rain storm.

Slept well Saturday night, visited Dennis and June's church on Sunday morning. They had a nice little service, friendly people. I think I freaked the pastor out, though. They're going to do the 40 Days of Purpose thing as a church and June was chatting with him about that after the service. I commented on how nice it was for the church to devote an entire 40 days to celebrating porpoises. He kind of looked at me funny, not horrified but but with a sense of "Must you?". I'm sorry ... I'm a linguist, it was a pun. Therefore, I must.

We ate at Chipotle in the afternoon and I got some passport style photos done at Cord Camera for my trip to the USCIS (a.k.a. INS) office tomorrow. They were overexposed so I had to go back and get them redone this morning but they were very nice about everything and redid them several times until they looked like I wanted them to.

I will be posting pictures soon from the last day of class.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…