Sunday, December 04, 2005

A full weekend

We finally got to see Rob's cousin Katherine play viola with her string group on Friday night. Saturday morning, we booked it into Bellevue for Advent worship team practice with Mosaic at Cross of Christ, in time for the 10AM start. We got out shortly after 12:30PM and flew back to Woodinville where Eric was waiting to record some songs with Rob. Rob was pretty impressed with his speed at studio set-up; 20 minutes from entering the house to having everything wired and padded for recording.

They got a couple of hours in while I attempted to read a book. I was exhausted from a restless night; had a weird nightmare involving my feet and legs that woke me up at 6AM. And so my eyes refused to focus on the words on the page. Yet, when I finally gave in and put down the book so I wouldn't damage it when I gave in to sleep, sleep would no longer come. I was no more energetic but I couldn't actually nap. I've never been a good napper.

In the evening, Kate took me to her fitness club for a massage. She treats me to one every year. It used to be something we did together on her birthday but I wasn't around on her birthday this year so we're doing it late. This was good a time for it, after all my time in the car and her moving into her new place.

We got up at 5:30AM today and drove to Des Moines for a couple of services at Resurrection Lutheran Church. We hung around with Jim and Kayoko for a bit, friends of ours, Rob's in particular from his days in the newspaper business in south CA. Got back to Woodinville at around 4:30PM, in time to run off to Kate and Dave's small group for "fun night". And it was fun! Saw people we hadn't seen in over a year. Particularly good to see Hannah. Hopefully I get to hang with her a bit more in the next month. I think Kate and I are going to try to fondue with her soon.

We're actually playing D&D right now. I'm waiting for my next turn, blogging in the breaks. Man, I love wireless internet!

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…