Monday, November 27, 2006

Where we're at

We had a busy Thanksgiving day, even though I wasn't the one cooking (I only helped with the sweet potato casserole, spicy edamame and gravy). Friday, we just didn't do anything all day. Saturday, we had a sitting for our church directory portrait in the morning. We had considered going to see a movie but my uterus started freaking out so we had to go home. The pain went away in a few hours so we began to think of things to do that evening. Kate's parents were borrowing their kids for the weekend so we decided to have a grownups night out. We went to Illuzions (sp?) in Issaquah and played arcade games for an hour before singing karaoke for another hour. I hadn't done karaoke in in a long time. I got to sing echo (with Eric) for "If I had a million $" and lead on Aerosmith's "Dude looks like a lady" and Alannah Myles "Black velvet". Eric did U2's "With or without you" and Rob did Weird Al Yankovic's "Dare to be stupid". I actually blew out my voice singing, for the first time ever! I got it back in about an hour though, so it's all good. Just must warmup next time.

Rob presented during adult education hour at Cross of Christ (our home church) yesterday morning. I put up our new, permanent ministry display in the library there. Then, we came home and hung out together all afternoon. I'm feeling much better now, starting to feel normal again. I should be at full physical capacity some time today.

Our Trumba calendar thing isn't going to work anymore (they're making it un-free in January) so we're using iCal from now on. I just need to figure out how to integrate that with this blog. Keep your eyes peeled ...

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…