Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sick day 1

I don't know if it really counts as a sick day, given that it's happening on the weekend. I've just gotten in the habit of thinking of Sunday as a working day, given our recent 2 years of speaking in churches. I woke up with a headache, weakness and crampiness. So, we didn't go to church. Instead, we listened to and discussed a sermon we had downloaded from a church in Redding, CA, recommended to us by Johanna (longtime friend, since the days of my earliest studies of linguistics). It was a great sermon, one we had needed.

I think the headache was a sinus thing. I inhaled peppermint and flushed with saline. Eventually, as other symptoms got worse, I got tired of being miserable and took an ibuprofen. By dinner, I didn't feel so bad and the saline had cleared up my breathing. I spent the whole day sitting in the chair by the window, too weak to move very far. Plus, I got dizzy when I stood up. Maybe low blood pressure, who knows. Ah, the mundaneness of illness. I'm not worried, though. None of my symptoms are anything I can't identify or that I can cross-reference with anything dangerous and local

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…