Thursday, November 19, 2009

Spoke too soon

Well. Now, I feel really bad for my last post. We had a swarm of winged bug things attack the house last night - heard a sound like rain but found when we looked outside that it was only hundreds of bugs hitting the window. We hurried around the house, shutting windows because it seemed like they were even getting in through cracks around the edge of the screens. I got the one in the living room, without turning on the light because that was what was attracting them to the windows in the first place. Bad idea.

When Rob went to open the living room window in the morning (there's a lovely cool breeze at this time - thanks be to God), he found a squished adult lizard in it. I just didn't see it when I was pulling the window in. Ghastly.

Rob cleaned up the mess, didn't even make me see it. Thanks, Rob. I feel bad enough about it as it is.

Ironically, I killed about 20 palm-sized flying bugs last night as well, all the ones who got in through the window-cracks. I had to get them before they crawled on the clean dishes in the drying rack and stuck to them, rendering Rob's efforts useless. Yet, for a massive swath of bug-killing, I feel no qualms. Funny, that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…