Saturday, August 21, 2004

After the ball

We attended our first GIAL social event last night; an ice cream social. Basically, we played party games from 7 - 8:30 PM and then ate ice cream. The place pretty much cleared out by 9 PM, which was OK by us. I felt pretty wiped on Friday. Rob figures that's because Thursday was the first day of school after a very short break (there's something stressfull about first days of anything) and I worked Thursday evening.

I have a bowl of nectarines on the dining room table. On Wednesday, this bowl contained 4 nectarines that we had purchased at the Cox Family Farms market in Duncanville. I have eaten a nectarine on Thursday and Friday of this week. They have been barely ripe each time. I smell and prod them each day. This morning, I prodded the 2 that were left, wistfully. I want to eat them every time I see them, they are so bright and shiny. But they are not ready to be eaten. I will not be fully contented or discontented until that bowl is empty.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…