Thursday, August 19, 2004

Schedule snafu

I went to my first class, Discourse Analysis, and joined 6 of my classmates at 9:00AM. We spent 15 minutes wondering where the prof was but enjoyed some get-to-know-you chat while we waited. At 9:15, a fellow student came to fetch us to the new location of class, of which we were unaware. Great class, looking forward to it. Our primary text is Robert E. Longacre's "The Grammar of Discourse". I'm pretty sure I read most of it for my Philosophy of Language course back in 2001. Yay! At least I've got some grounding headed into this course.

When I went to my 11:00AM second class, Religion and Worldview, I was surprised to find a Greek class being held there. Turns out my class had been switched to 8:00AM and I hadn't been given the updated class schedule at registration yesterday. Oopsy. Oh well, it's an audit so I'm not going to be behind on assignments. I managed to get a syllabus and course manual from the Dean so I can catch up a bit this afternoon.

I work at the school library on Thursday evenings and occasional Saturdays. With the amount of reserve readings it looks like I'm about to have, that will be an advantage this session.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…