Friday, August 27, 2004

Christian urban legends

There's a hefty cynic that lives in my head and doesn't always allow me to be inspired by things I can't verify. I found myself doing a little web-surfing, tracking down compiled information on these inspirational stories that get passed around by well-meaning individuals. Here are some interesting things that I found on my quest:

- a story that I was glad to hear has actually been verified in its origin
- a website called Truth Miners that calls for truth in Christian web communication
- a Christianity Today online article that addresses the urban legend as it manifests in Christian culture
- the urbanlegend.about.com site's section devoted to religious urban legend
- yet another site with links to urban legend debunking

Because if the truth sets you free, what does a load of hype and fluff do?

By the way ... if you don't visit any of the above links but you're into George W. Bush stories, check this website out.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…