Thursday, November 18, 2004

On a break

Working at the library tonight. Yesterday was quite the busy day. I did finally complete the semantics project and was only up until 11:30PM. So, I woke up tired but not as tired as I had expected.

I went to the Boutique this afternoon for the Christmas "sale". The Boutique is the Wycliffe second-hand store on campus. I use the term store loosely: everything is free. And throughout the year, they save the most special items (especially jewelry and stuffed toys) for the Christmas sale. Again, everything free. Wild, eh?

Tomorrow night, Rob and I will be doing more participant observation at the SDA church; they're having a relationship seminar. We're kinda stoked. From the pastor's description, it sounds like the topics will be geared to that congregation's expressed needs so we should really gain insight into the nature of relationships of that community.

But the real biggies for this weekend are the studying for midterms in 2 classes and preparing a genealogy that goes back 5 generations for my cultural anthropology class. Pacing myself may be key in keeping my brain functioning at optimal capacity. Lavender oil will also play a role, I'm sure. Kalamata olives may also be featured.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…