Saturday, November 13, 2004

Pumpkin Soup

I got a book from the library; the "More-for-less" cookbook, sort of a conservationist approach to cooking. I found in it a recipe for pumkin soup and I remembered fondly the New Year that Abson brought me pumpkin soup from his mother's home, a traditional Haitian dish. I thought I might make it for dinner one evening but, not sure how well Rob would like it, I didn't really feel like going out of my way to procure ingredients. I thought no more on it.

While I was doing laundry last week, I noticed that someone had left a bunch of groceries there (they must have been moving out of the apartment complex). Among the canned goods was a tin of pumpkin. I remembered the soup recipe, which I had forgotten on our most recent trip to the grocery store, and thought I would adopt the lonely can of pumpkin. I returned to the apartment and looked up that soup recipe. Alas, I still had no green pepper, one of the ingredients. I thought I might try to remember to pick up a green pepper the next time we get groceries.

Today, I came in to work at the library. While tidying in the kitchen, I noticed a post-it note on the counter, saying "please, please help yourself". As there was nothing near the note, I figured that whoever had closed up yesterday must have put the item in the fridge, that it must be a perishable. I looked.

You got it ... peppers. 2 green, 2 red.

Godfunny.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…