Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving adventures

So, we went to Seattle. Kate and Dave flew us up to stay with them until Sunday morning, when they returned us to the airport. We enjoyed that time very much. I was a bit burned out from 2 exams last week, anticipating much work over the next few weeks. It was nice to be with people who allowed me to mentally shut down for a few days. Kate took good care of me.

When I got back, I had a report to prepare for presentation today on an article on Bantu object relations. I had planned on taking the article with me to go over on the plane but it was already checked out when I went to the library on Wednesday. Someone else, reporting on a different article in the same book, had already gotten to it. Sigh. So, I had to haul it together in one day, yesterday. I plugged away at it all day, giving up at about 11:30PM last night. The presentation this morning didn't go as well as I would have liked. I had a bit of a headache and my left heel hurts when I'm standing so focusing was tricky for me. I found myself losing place in my presentation, despite my lovely typed notes and example chart. Oh well. I handed in my notes so, hopefully, Les Bruce will see that I wasn't just rambling because of lack of effort on my part.

I've agreed to work for someone tonight; they'll return the favor for me next week. Double work this work, nothing next week. Hopefully the switch will free me up on a week when my head is working better.

Gotta come up with a topic for my Biblical Backgrounds chapel talk, happening the end of next week. I keep thinking I'll do something on Mosaic Law, maybe in relation to the code of Hammurapi. Maybe I'll do something on Jesus as Shima, look at his rabbinical method of teaching. Maybe I'll dig around on the shelves at the library, see what triggers for me.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…