Monday, January 30, 2006

The green card saga continues ...

The Congressman's office that I contacted called me on Friday and let me know what's up with the green card situation. Bottom line: INS says they already mailed it to me ... in September! Ack!

So, as I have never received the thing, I had to fill out and mail an I-90 form today, a.k.a. Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card. The only bright sides I can see to this most recent development are that:
  • I don't have to pay the $260 this application usually costs. Why? Because a card that I have never received doesn't count as lost, just as "not received". So, it doesn't cost me to replace it. Yay! Logic that works in my favor!
  • I don't think I'll have to make an appointment at an INS office to have more photos/fingerprints done, at least not for the purposes of getting this green card thing finalized. One would assume that they have my photos and prints on file from the card they say they mailed in September, right?

I've finished all my "book" reading for class tomorrow. All I have left to do for tomorrow is read a bunch of Scripture segments, Paul-related stuff.

We're eating leftovers today. We still have taco soup, beef stew and pinto beans from Rob's cooking in the last few days. Nice to not to have to think about meals while I'm doing school stuff ... and working on the citizenship thing.

Please pray that they'll send my green card to me soon.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…