Monday, January 02, 2006

Holden Village home page

We had heard the name "Holden Village" batted around at various Cross of Christ events but weren't really sure what people were talking about. The Isensees explained to us over dinner last night. It sounds like something Rob and I should take advantage of before we leave the continent, probably next fall. Or we could do it on furlough. Either way, a cool place.

Here's the last week synopsis:

Thursday - Got photos done for the citizenship application. Bought the money orders for same. Had dinner with Rob's family (parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle) in Anacortes, WA.

Friday - Called INS to make sure I got the photo specs right. Was informed that the photos needed to be in a plastic bag stapled to the front of the application under the money orders. Needless to say, this was the first I had heard of this particular requirement and I was glad I had called. At least, part of me is glad I called. The other parts of me are tired of hidden requirements that a person would have no way of knowing about unless they make extra phonecalls and happen to ask the right question of the right person. Drove to Kate and Dave's for the New Year Weekend. Played D&D in the evening.

Saturday - Hung out with the Buerers and Zaffkes all day and partied with them in the evening. I managed to stay awake until just after midnight, at which point I had a glass of champagne and fell asleep in my chair. We spent the evening finishing up our D&D campaign that Rob was leading all this fall.

Sunday - Arrived at church this morning just in time for the service to end. Forgot that they were having a joint service an hour earlier than the usual time. Sigh. No matter; we still got to hang out with fellow churchers for nearly an hour afterward. We hung with the Buerers all afternoon. I watched Ever After again with Kate and her mom. Then, we all watched episodes of Firefly together before Rob and I took off to the Isensees for a yummy, fun dinner.

Today - We're getting ready to head back to Bellingham.

Tomorrow, the office at LTSS will be open so I can call and finalize the housing arrangements. Then, I need to get our new address so I can make all the address changes. On Wednesday, I mail the N-400 application (naturalized citizenship). We're coming back down next weekend for speaking at a church in Seattle so I want to get as much packing and sorting done this week as I can. We'll basically only have Monday to Wednesday next week for prep since we're hitting the road a week from this Thursday. Gak! Time flies.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…