Monday, April 17, 2006

Prayer request

I'm posting the request today so that as many people as possible can be praying before tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning, at 8:30AM, I am scheduled for an interview with a U.S. Immigration official, regarding my citizenship. Somewhere during that interview, I will be tested for U.S. civic and historical knowledge. Hopefully, I will then be assigned a spot in the afternoon Oath ceremony. Space is limited and it is on a "first come, first served". That means that, if we get an immigration official who processes cases quickly, I have a good chance of becoming a U.S. citizen tomorrow. So, our prayer requests are as follows:
  • Pray that we would be assigned to a speedy and sympathetic immigration official, one who would approve my application without a hitch.
  • Pray that I would remember the answers to all 100 of the expected U.S. civics and history questions.
  • Pray that I would be scheduled for the Oath ceremony Tuesday afternoon, the same day as the interview, so I don't have to miss any more school.
  • Pray that there would be enough time between the interview and the Oath ceremony that Rob's folks and Kate and the kids would have time to drive to the office to attend it.

Thank you, in advance. This is a crucial time for us and it will be a great relief to put th process behind us. Just think ... tomorrow I may be an American! Weird!

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…