Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sunny Seattle

We managed to get on an earlier flight out of Chicago and arrive in Seattle around 8PM on Thursday. Kate got us from the airport in the inevitable rain and brought us to Shawn & Holly's, where we borrowed their car for our time here in Seattle. We tucked in shortly after 10:30PM, which was 1:30AM, SC time.

Friday morning, we got a late start and headed into town close to noon. We talked with Dave's folks for a couple of hours in the morning. They have a ministry called Proclaim International and have been in missions for a long time. When we mentioned that the financial support-raising part of our partnership development is kind of lagging, they gave us encouragement and advice. Some of their tips were things I'd never thought of, practical things. I'm glad that we are here the same time they are. In the afternoon, I played games with Kate for a bit and then she and Dave's mom grilled me on U.S. history for a couple of hours. I now have the answers for all 100 civics test questions! Woohoo!

We made it to Good Friday evening service at Cross of Christ and then came back and hung out. I worked on a puzzle with Kate and Eric. Rob did something computery; he's not into puzzles.

Rob is at the Cross of Christ Men's Breakfast this morning. It started at 8AM so he hauled out of here pretty early. I'm just working on my coffee now. I was reading a bit of history on the 13 colonies for a while. How about that Roanoke "Lost Colony", eh?

Tonight we'll be going to Easter Vigil at Cross of Christ, at 7PM. Tomorrow, we're going to go early for the Easter breakfast and then attend the 11AM service.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…