Wednesday, May 04, 2005

20th Century welcomes Veiths

Yeah ... I got us cellphones. It took us a long time to get with it. Sure, we had a little AT&T pay-as-you-go that got me from the daycare to the bus stop for a year and a half. But we all know what happened to AT&T. And it was local use only. This time, I got us a real plan. Since we're going to be in different residences for the next chunk of time, I thought it would be a good idea. We'll have unlimited IN calling (to each other, to other Verizon peeps), with as few minutes as we could get (500/month). We made the home phone number Aurora, IL as that will be our permanent address (whether we live there or not) once we leave Waxhaw. It won't cost us any more than a couple of landlines would.

The straw the broke the Eshinee's back on this one was (will it never end?!) a U.S. immigration form. I can only make a certain appointment using an online system. I can only complete the process using a phone number. No doubt, someone then has to call me to make the appointment. The appointment will probably have to be in the place where my address is, which will be Aurora. Therefore: need cell phone based in Aurora. Sigh. It was only a matter of time.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…