Thursday, May 05, 2005

Revelettes*

So, I'm going through boxes still, trying to pare stuff down. Each time we move and repack, I'm amazed at the stuff I packed. [sigh] This time, I'm repacking within the framework "like to have in 10 years, when our term in _______ is completed". I gave away a half-functioning printer and 3 bags of stuff this morning. I've thrown out several bags of paper in the past week.

Revelettes* are things that occurred to me during 2004, that I thought, "These things are important. I want to remember these things. These things are things I need to remember on a daily basis." To that end, I wrote them on a piece of posterboard and stuck them on the inside of the front door of our apartment in Redmond. It occurred to me, as I was confronted with the piece of posterboard while unpacking a "miscellaneous" box, that I need to make some things digital. To that end, here are the Revelettes*:

  • I don't have to say everything that I think. That's why we have thoughts.
  • I shouldn't seek out information that I know will piss me off and that I can't do anything about.
  • If I clean it or put it away now, I won't have to do it later.

Incidentally, knowing these 3 things about me means knowing a whole lot about me.

*Revelettes: small revelations

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…