Monday, September 26, 2005

Events recap

The busy last half of the week went off relatively hitch-free. The missions conference started on the 23rd in the evening and we attended a potluck and chatted with people at our table about what we're planning on doing. On the 24th, I went with Rob to the church where he had a men's breakfast at 7AM and left him there while I got coffee and primped for the fashion show at 10AM. I had straightened my hair with Lyn's flatiron the night before, trying to get my indelible waves offa my head; it lasted through the night.

The ladies' brunch and fashion show was fun. Wished Rob could have been there not only to see me running around all dolled up but to help me present. When I get all excited, I lose track of where I'm at in the presentation sometimes. Perhaps I end up saying what needs to be said. I hope so. We spoke together at the evening service at Trinity Lutheran.

Went back to Trinity on Sunday morning and spoke again at the 8:15AM service. We then biffed off to Redding Christian Fellowship for the rest of the morning. Pretty tired by the afternoon, we must say. We topped that off with a nice lunch with the Rostens (Steve & Kati plus Jesse & Lyn), followed by packing when we got home. We aimed to leave pretty early on Monday morning but quit packing at dinner time, took the rest of the evening to unwind and hang out with Steve & Kati.


No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…