Saturday, September 17, 2005

On I-5

I'm writing this in the car but won't be sending it until later. Today,
we've been on the road since just after 10AM. Spent the night in Paso Robles
with the Stevens, Rob's pastor family from Eastminster in the days of his
youth. We've been on I-5 most of today, hence the blog post title. Had lunch
at the Apricot Tree restaurant somewhere along the way. Found my favorite
dried apricots in a dried fruit store near the restaurant; the dark, tangy
kind, not those chubby, insipid apricots. Gotta look up sulfur dioxide (a
preservative in dried fruit) to see if it has any harmful effects.

Our newsletter went out on September 6 so the people who signed up to get it
in the last week won't be getting the most recent one. I'm going to do up
little packets of past letters to send them, catch them up to date on our
lives this year. I'm trying to decide if I have the initiative to pull
together a Veith website, a timeline of since the wedding. I've done one
every now and then ... before the free web-hosting shuts down and I lose all
that work (every time!). This time, I can host it on the LBT server so it'll
have some longevity. I just think, what if people are curious about what
we've been up to? I know I google people all the time, old school pals,
former co-workers, extended family. I google myself at least as often,
making sure my cyberface is clean. So far, so good.

If you're reading this and would like to get our newsletter, just email me
or comment to this posting with your address. I'll delete your comment as
soon as I get your newsletter request.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…