Monday, September 06, 2004

Long weekends

It's funny how a long weekend makes the regular weekend part of the long weekend seem more restful. Saturday was a homework day for me, as always. However, instead of having a feeling of "this is the only day that I can get my homework done so I need to work really hard", I had a feeling of "if I don't get it done today, I can finish it on Monday". Sunday was my rest day and I usually have a sense of "better have all my fun but get to bed really early so I'm not zonked on Monday." Instead, I had lots of fun and relaxation-based activities without the "get to bed early" necessity. So, both days were more relaxing than they usually are. Today is like a free day. I'm doing homework (studying for my midterm this week in Discourse Analysis) but I feel like I can stop whenever I want because it is a free day. In fact, I just stopped about a half hour ago. I also slept in until 9AM and talked on the phone with family members until lunchtime. Yay! Tonight we're having dinner with Rob's SLACA (Second Language and Culture Acquisition) partner and his family.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…