Saturday, September 25, 2004

Pappasitos

We finally made up a reason to go to Pappasito's Mexican restaurant (as recommended to us by Heidi); our friend Tanya (who Rob knows from his days at Capernwray and who has been at school here taking a course on Tone Analaysis) is headed back to Alberta next weekend. This was kind of a last hurrah before she takes off. Very different style of Mexican cookery from the fresh-Mex we got in Redmond, WA. I had the tortilla soup and it had carrots and squash in it! Good flavor but not exactly what I was expecting. The tamales were nice. The best part for me was the fresh warm salsa and chips that we munched on while waiting for the main course. I was pretty full before the soup even arrived.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you enjoyed Pappasitos, can't tell for sure. Next time (if there is one) have the fajitas, beef, chicken or mixed. Make sure to ask for mantequilla (melted butter, not healthy, but it comes on the side and a little sprinkled on your fajita goes a long way - I usually eat a whole little bowl of it myself, but that is NOT necessary!) Also, I get them to substitute sliced avocados for the quacamole. They are very good about substitutions and special orders. If you like grilled onions you can ask for extras of those too. I also enjoy the salsa and chips. Once, my sister and I ate so much of the salsa and chips while waiting for a table we realized we were full and ended up going home without ever being seated (it was a long wait!) I saw you like Chick 'fil A, another of our favorites. Good eating! Heidi

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…