Saturday, June 25, 2005

The dreaded move

Drove from Lynchburg, VA to Waxhaw, NC in about 5 hours, getting in around 3:30PM. I was going to stop in at Crossroads on the way through but I had heard rumors that thunderstorms were coming and I wanted to be sure to get the car all packed up before the rain hit. As it was, I was on the road to Columbia, SC about a 1/2 hour before the rain started coming down. Nice drive all the way; felt like I was practically the only car on the road. Listened to Tom Petty all the way to Columbia.

Rain was pecking when I arrived at LTSS. I had to trek all over campus to find an accessible bathroom and the security guard but I got my room key in the end. Some nice fellow Greek students helped me unpack the car and get everything in my room. Met Cindy, Ryan 1, Craig and John.

Called Rob to let him know I arrived. Realized that I had eaten nothing but rice cakes, granola bars and protein drinks all day ... nothing I could do about that. Zoned a bit as my back was hurting and I felt a little spacy.

Lindsay, fellow dormer, invited me upstairs to watch a movie with "the Boys"; Ryan 2, Seth, Craig and Jason. Twas good to hang out and relax with a fast-paced movie and a chilly Newcastle. Ah, the joys of the Lutheran seminary.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…