Sunday, June 12, 2005

First speaking thing

After a couple of days of mulling over potential speaking material, Hope got Erika and Priscilla to come over Saturday night and I bounced things off of them. They nixed some stuff, got excited about other stuff. I felt somewhat ready.

We went to St. Matthew's in Fredericton for the 11AM service. What a supportive bunch! They expressed much interest in LBT and the things Rob and I are headed for. I had a 5-minute slot right after the sermon. I felt a little halty partway through and my mind went blank but my opening story came out well. The best part was when Bruce, the presiding minister, followed up my talk with one of his own, giving more info on LBT and Bible translation statistics. It was great to hear what impacts him about LBT and world need for Bible translation. I could sense people responding around me. I told him afterward that I liked what he had to say ... and that I was going to use his material. :) He said that I was welcome to it.

After the service, I chatted with people in the foyer. Left all my brochures there.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…