Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Eye exam

Mom sent me birthday money in a card delivered by my brother Josh when he returned to NB on Sunday. It was Canadian so I was trying to think of what to do with it without having to exchange it and pay fees. Then I remembered that I needed new contact lenses and an eye exam. I wondered how different the price could be here. So, I called. I was pleasantly surprised. A contact lens eye exam that would cost me $150 US funds in North Carolina was going to be just $90 Canadian funds here! Sweet! I went for it. Thankfully, my eyes haven't changed prescription since I discovered a trick to avoid "eye appointment stress strain" and I don't have to get new glasses. I went glasses shopping anyway, just to see what's out there. Found a fabulous Roots frame but it would have cost me over $300 with the lenses and, hey, if I don't need new glasses, why fling money about needlessly? I think I need to pick up a spare pair for when I go overseas but I can always do that later, in the US.

Am trying out a new lens cleaning solution called Clear Care; peroxide based with a funky neutralizing disc built into the case. I'm trying out some Proclear lenses too.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…