Saturday, July 16, 2005

Paypal litigation

Some may remember the computer game I bought on eBay in 2003 that I accidentally paid for twice and couldn't get my overpayment back. A bunch of people must have had similar experiences because it turned into a class action lawsuit. When I got an email that invited all Paypal users who may have been affected by reimbursement weaknesses in Paypal policy to participate, I did. I just got the following email:
Dear Eshinee Smallwood,

This email is to update you on the status of your claim for monetary relief from the In Re PayPal Litigation settlement fund, a class action lawsuit against PayPal that was settled in November 2004. No further
action is required; settlement payments will be deposited automatically into your PayPal account.


The Claims Administrator is planning to make payments to your PayPal account as follows. If you filled out a Statutory Fund Claim Form, then the settlement payment will be automatically deposited into your PayPal by July 31, 2005. If you filled out a Short Form Claim Form, then the settlement payment will be automatically deposited into your PayPal account by August 31, 2005. If you filled out a Long Form Claim Form, those settlement payments will be processed as soon as they are approved by the Court. The Claims Administrator expects to have the settlement by September 30, 2005.

You will receive an email notifying you once the payment has been deposited into your account.

You can find additional information about the litigation and the settlement at: https://www.paypal.com/settlement-faq/.

Funny thing: I can't remember which claim form I filed. Ah, well. I'll just check my Paypal account every month and look for the surprise amount.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…