Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sudden stops

Rob brought the car in for the 90K checkup this morning. They have to put in new brakes. I asked him first if he thought it was going to be necessary. Rob said he could feel that they needed replacement or something; he said they felt spongy. As soon as he said that, I knew what he meant. Like, I remembered trying to stop and feeling like the brakes we're coated in oily velvet. Never occurred to me that it might be a problem. Duh. One brake pad is worn down to the sensors, the other to the rivets. Eek.

Yes, Rob and I are enjoying being together again. At this very moment, we are sitting in different chairs in my sitting room area, doing stuff online. I am, obviously, blogging. He is doing research for one of his ethnomusicology papers, due the end of July. No worries; we're having fun too. We saw Batman Begins on Sunday afternoon and played Neverwinter Nights yesterday. We also went with the whole Greek class for chicken bog at a local Lutheran church last night. And tonight we're going to watch Rock Star: INXS together. Probably have dinner at Zesto Angelo's.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…