Friday, October 14, 2005

Blasts from the past

I'm waiting for our Powerpoint for Sunday to download right now so I though I'd throw up some fun pictures of mine from years past that I found online in a gallery I forgot I'd made. Typical.

Here they are:

Lily and Mookie with a Newfoundland sunset

I took this shot when I went camping with my sister, Lily, and our dog Mookie at Shallow Bay Campground in Newfoundland, back in the late 1990's.

Lily and Mookie camping in Newfoundland

This is a fun photo from the same camping trip.

Lily and the Reindeer

Lily and I did a Christmas photo shoot in the woods behind our house in Newfoundland, Christmas 1999, I think. This was my favorite shot. For the shot, I had dressed up as a reindeer and she had dressed as an elf. This is her "I'm about to be attacked by a reindeer" face. Can you see my silhouette on her chest?

Eshinee handing over the prize, a TV, a our pharmacy's giveaway

When I worked at my parent's pharmacy, we had a lot of giveaways for a while there. This was one of them, again, back in the late 1990's.

in my Anglican layminister's robes

I was licensed as a layminister in the Anglican Church, in Newfoundland in 1999. This was taken on the steps of the church where I was baptized as an infant, in Corner Brook, Newfoundland.

with YWAM Haiti teammates, in Haiti

Here I am with my YWAM Haiti teammates, in Haiti in 1996.

presenting my grammar final project

Giving my first linguistics presentation; "The many faces of Na" - on focus marking in Tagalog. Yes, I did get extra marks for the floor-length red velvet dress.

my graduation photo from Trinity Western University

My graduation photo, from Trinity Western University in Langley, BC in 2001.

Rob & Eshinee, shortly after our engagement

Taken after our engagement, at a concert.

eating crawfish in New Orleans

Eating crawfish in New Orleans, when I travelled there with YWAM in 1997. For those who know of my rocky relationship with sea creatures, you'll know that this is a disturbing picture, on so many levels.

Dad at the Point Riche lighthouse

Dad, at the Pointe Riche lightchouse in Newfoundland.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…