Monday, October 10, 2005

Millet recipes

Since millet is a staple in Namibia and we just bought some last week to try before we go, I've looked up some recipes to work from:
  • Coconut Millet Pudding - Looks tasty and is gluten-free, incidentally. 6 ingredients; now that's what I look for in a recipe
  • Millet Loaf - I don't do much with loaves, generally speaking, but this might be worth a try
  • Millet Burgers - This one just seems a little on the scary side. Takes me back to the white bean patty incident early in our marriage. You'll have to ask about that one.
  • Millet Porridge - Simple, straight-forward; looks doable. Probably replace the raisins with nectarines, though. Kati Rosten made us oatmeal with peaches the morning we left Redding to move up to WA. Total yum.
  • Broccoli-Millet Timbales - Not sure what the Timbales part means. If it is, as I suspect, referring to the moulding part of the recipe, where you pack the cooked mixture in greased tins to make for pretty presentation, what I make will be called Broccoli-Millet Mounds.
  • Pumpkin Millet Muffins - Here, the millet seems to be used more as a seasoning than anything else.
  • Millet Fruit Squares - A nifty looking dessert.
  • Millet Sweet Potato Congee - Another one of those recipes that is outside of my experimental paradigm but has so few ingredients that I can't resist.
  • Millet with Spinach and Pine Nuts - This just flat-out sounds yummy. I do resent being asked to toast anything, though.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…