Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wise, wise teethy

My morning dental appointment went well. Dr. Lyudmila Shur was very helpful and encouraging. She explained what she was doing, didn't talk down to me, didn't give me the old scare about my teeth; [serious look] "We've got our work cut out for us in your mouth, young lady ... now pay attention: this is dental floss ..." Turns out my wisdom teeth are just coming in on one side. Insert big sigh of relief from me here.

However, she is recommending that I see an oral surgeon to get them checked out, see if they need to be removed. So, I'm online finding out which local oral surgeons my insurance covers and checking their licenses for legal action and/or validity. Here's the weirdness so far:
  • 9 of the 11 oral surgeons listed as covered by CIGNA PPO within 75 miles of Bellevue and Bellingham are 2 people: German Trujillo and Sohrab Moshiri.
  • Neither of these 2 people are actually licensed in the state of Washington to do surgery; their licenses are for dentistry and general anesthesia. Yet, their specialty is oral surgery. Hmm.
  • One of these 2 people has had action taken against them, according to the Washington State Department of Health. It involved a patient being hospitalized for dehydration and stuff post-oral surgery.

Which actually only leaves me with 2 oral surgeons from my PPO list to choose from: Michael Whelan and Thomas Maring. They actually have licenses to perform surgery, which I like.

I'd appreciate any input people could give me; this will show up on the prayer calendar at the bottom of the page but I'd like people to specifically pray that I would know which surgeon to see and, if you're comfortable, share anything with me that you sense in prayer. If you have personal knowledge of either of these doctors, I'd like to know that as well. You can email me about it at eshinee@earthlink.net.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…