Monday, March 06, 2006

Back in SC

I left for the airport at about 6:30AM on Sunday, arrived at home in Columbia, SC after 8PM. Was zonked. We stopped at a Steak 'n Shake on the edge of Columbia for dinner on the way back, had patty melts. I was ravenously hungry. I didn't actually eat breakfast before leaving the house that morning (too early for my tummy) and managed to not get a meal on any of my flights. Didn't have time to eat on my stopover in Atlanta either. So my total food intake, prior to the patty melt at 7PM, consisted of:
  • latte
  • 2 ginger ales (I forgot that I had given up soda for Lent until I had started the second one ... oops!)
  • assorted packets of snacky things, airplane "refreshments"

Yikes. It's a wonder I'm not wasting away to nothing. Oh, wait ...

It's good to be back in the swing of semi-normalcy, as much as it was good to see the Buerers, Heidi and "Eric Go" again. Must do laundry tonight. We had to go and get groceries today. I called a handful of churches, trying to set up meetings with pastors. Results of phone calls were as follows:

  1. Left a message with the secretary
  2. Instructed to call back Wednesday after lunch
  3. Left a really awkward message on an answering machine; decided not to leave detailed messages anymore
  4. Left a simpler message on another machine, name and number, no blathering on this time
  5. Instructed to call another pastor back on Wednesday
  6. Busy signal
  7. Pastor didn't want to meet but did want us to mail him information about LBT

At that point, it was lunch time so I quit, for the time being. Then, we did the grocery thing. We also went to the library. When we got back, I called one of the pastors but he was gone for the day. I'm going to get back on the phone tomorrow morning, first thing. Hopefully some of my jet lag will be worn off and I'll be more coherent.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…