Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The lowdown

I pretty much felt like I was on auto-pilot for the last week.
  • Monday - Trauma.
  • Tuesday - Morning class as usual, finding out about Derrick's death just before lunch, meeting with a pastor in the afternoon, translation to do for Wednesday
  • Wednesday - Morning class as usual, translation to do for Thursday.
  • Thursday - Finish homework in the morning, class in the afternoon, special service in the evening to purify the area of the violence.
  • Friday - Spent a not insignificant portion of time wandering online looking for something to get mad about. Began to assemble notes for the upcoming Greek Readings quiz. Watched Hitch in the evening with Rob and Beth.
  • Saturday - Translated the next portion due before the test, a Galatians passage. Realizing that the GR class did an entire chapter of translation that I had not known about (which was potential quiz material), I did that as well today; translated Revelations 5.
  • Sunday - Visited Ebenezer Lutheran for the morning worship. I then compiled "clean" notes; grammar portions, vocab, special topics, all translations done side-by-side with the Greek originals. All this so I could know what I might be expected to draw from for the quiz.
  • Monday - Class in the morning, attended Derrick's funeral with a few other classmates in the afternoon. Choir practice at 3:15PM, dinner afterwards, Young Living Ningxia Red seminar in the evening. Also working on readings (due for class the next morning) after the seminar.
  • Tuesday - Class in the morning, followed by library reading time. Made it to the lunch-time Greek reading group, where we translate together the passage for the coming Sunday. Back to studying for the quiz for the rest of the day. I do take an hour off at dinner time to watch half of Mystery Men. Get to bed shortly after 10PM.
  • Wednesday - Get up and study some more before the quiz, which happens at 10:15AM. Take the quiz, get out by shortly after 11AM. Talk with Pastor Largen about synod assembly and other pieces of life for a bit. Go to Chick-fil-a for lunch, get groceries after that.

Today is absolutely gorgeous, weather-wise. It's a nice change from the cold junk we've been having. When we got back from the store, Rob and I walked over to the office to pick up a package. When we got back, we did a thing or two around the apartment but then went back outdoors. Sunshine is so important; we've not been getting enough, I can tell.

Now, I'm catching up on blogging before dinner. I think my plan is to not do any work this evening. Today is my Saturday, the one I didn't get last week because of all the mayhem in my life. Tomorrow - thanks be to God! - will be business as usual.

Note that I've updated our speaking schedule, at the bottom of the page. Hopefully, more speaking dates to come ...

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…