Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One person's INS interview story

Seattle Citizenship Interview -- SUCCESS!!!!!! : British Expats: "I arrived at the INS building at 7:00 am and was one of the first people inside. There were other people with interview letters I could see. After sitting in the waiting room until about 7:35 a.m. my name was called out and I followed a man down a hall into his office. There on his desk was my
original application that I filled out with my favorite black pen. The interview started out very relaxing and remained that way the whole time.
The man went through each page to confirm all of the information. However, it got a little interesting when he arrived at the page that listed all of my time away from the USA. I told him honestly where I had been and why. He told he needed to re calculate the total days I was gone just to
make sure. For about 1 minute as he wrote I literally bowed my head and began to pray. Then I heard the words 'Looks like you're ok!' At that moment I knew I was home free. I was prepared to pull out my tax returns and various other supporting documents, but he never asked for them. The only thing left was the test. I was fully expecting to be asked about the original 13 states or about specifics of the bill of rights but those were NOT asked. I don't remember all of the questions but I do remember him asking about - what is the purpose of congress, what is legislative branch of government, how many supreme court justices are there, and what is the introduction to the constitution called - the rest of the questions elude me
at the moment. After that was over he shook my hand and gave me a letter to come back for the oath ceremony the SAME day.

I was out the door at 8:02 am and I came back at 4:00 pm for the oath ceremony. There was 68 of us who took the oath and received our certificates. It was a nice ceremony, and I was so glad when it was finished!!!!"

An encouraging story ... just thought I'd share it with you. So, yes, it looks like the Oath Ceremony can be done same day. Yay! I'll have to inform the local (to Seattle, that is) family.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…