Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back!

Well, sort of back, anyway. My computer's video card fried and it's attached to the motherboard so Rob and I drove it up to Waxhaw yesterday to put it in for repairs. I should be getting it back next week. It's been useless to me for a week now. I went through serious withdrawal.

Rob flew to Botswana this morning. We drove to the airport at 3:40AM. I drove back solo. Couldn't sleep well after that. I called Rob at 8AM and caught him in Washington, DC airport. We had a nice chat; much more coherent than the one we had had at 4AM, saying goodbye.

I met with a pastor this morning, at Ebenezer Lutheran church. I'm currently trying to line something up in NC for this Sunday as I want to drive up and see my sister, who will be in Elon, NC for the weekend. Afetr this, she's going to Korea for a year and I probably won't see her again before we go to Namibia for good so I wanted to be sure to see my new nephew at least once before they take off.

Trying to find a library book today that I turned in but the library staff has no record of me doing so and it isn't on the shelf. I know this to be true; I double-checked myself. I'm annoyed. I'm theorizing that when I left it on the counter to be checked in and walked away, it left the library in someone else's stack and didn't set off an alarm because, hey, it was already checked out. I'm not categorically opposed to being wrong myself but I searched our apartment and remember bringing the book back. So I remain a little bitter a having to "renew" a book I don't even have anymore to avoid late fees. Because, as they said, "either someone stole it, which doesn't happen, or ... [meaningful silence]". Argh.

I'm stopping typing now because I'm on the computer in the student union building and I have to keep correcting typos because the keyboard is so clunky.

And I quit coffee today; drinking only tea. Grumpy, me.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…