Wednesday, May 17, 2006

On the home front

I booked a speaking thing for this weekend in Gibsonville, NC, at Peace Lutheran Church. I'll be doing the Sunday School session and setting up our display in the fellowship area.

Last night, I went to the Melting Pot (a fondue place) with a bunch of the girls for chocolate fondue. Yummm! I finished off my last novel (Three, by Ted Dekker) befrore bed. Then, it occurred to me that reading a thriller (even a Christian one) before bed on my first night alone in the apartment was not the smartest thing I had ever done. So, I whipped out the book on lingustics for Greek students that Dr. Enermalm Tsiparis had given me, read about a third of that. That successfully distracted me and I fell asleep uneventfully.

Got up this morning and helped Beth load her moving van. I will probably do more of that this afternoon. I'm going to dinner with her family (and a bunch of other folks) tonight. Hoping to keep myself socialized to distraction ... though I feel better having heard from Rob already.

I tried to book an additional event for Friday night in NC but got the "no solicitation" speech from the gatekeeper at that church so I'm going to stick with the one event that I have going on already.

Gotta email now, on this wonky keyboard. Feeling bad for Rob and his computer problems. Sigh. Needs prayer, that one.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…