Monday, February 05, 2007

It was a great commissioning

[snicker] Though, is that actually a pun? Rats. I thought that it was.

Our commissioning service was yesterday. Two services, actually, the traditional and the contemporary services at our home church. I'm expecting a bunch of pictures from our church buddy Pete this week and I'll be sure to post them when they arrive. Rob's folks and brther Larry were there. They gave me a hyacinth (from the church's flowers for the day, I think) and Kate's going to plant it in her yard for me. We also got a cool burgundy NASB thinline Bible with our names and the date on front. We realized when we were looking at it later last night that it has a genealogy section. So, we finally have a family Bible! I hadn't realized that I wanted one until we got this one. I think people even asked when we got married if we wanted one and I said that we didn't. But to get one commemorating yesterday seems like a bigger deal, if that makes any sense at all. The wedding was nice but it was so par-for-the-course that, well, I don't know. It didn't have the sense of accomplishment attached to it that yesterday did. I really felt yesterday like we were making a committment that hasn't been a foregone conclusion.

Or perhaps I'm babbling. Rob says that I've been babbling since I preached yesterday. It's like I got talking and now can't stop. Except for yesterday afternoon. We got back from lunch and crashed on the bed while we were talking about what we were going to do with the rest of the day. Then, we went out to dinner, came back and watched a movie with the peeps.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…