Wednesday, April 11, 2007

American Idle

I do watch American Idol once a week, on Tuesdays, to see the big performances mentored by a star. Weirdness; the Sanjaya thing. I had heard that there was a move to keep him on to "ruin" A.I. and I wondered how that was even possible. Behold, the techonology of eeeevilllll ...



There's a piece of software called the Sanjaya War Dialer. You enter Sanjaya's number after a show and it will dial it every 15 seconds, voting for him again and again. "And I think to myself ..."

Of course, technically, you could use it to super-vote for anybody, since the number has to be entered manually each week. But still.

The irony? Sanjaya is steadily improving as a performer week after week. It's kind of bizarre. Like, his unique environment of exposure and harsh criticism are working for him.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…