We ordered my new MacBook on Tuesday. It will have a 120Gb hard drive, which I will partition so I can run Windows things for work and Mac things for creativity, online things and correspondence. So, I'm figuring out how big I'll need to make the partition so I can run Bootcamp.
* Windows - 1.5 GB (or 5.5 GB, truth be told*)
* Office - 600 MB
* Translator's Workplace - 25 MB
* Paratext - 60 MB
* Shoebox - 62 MB
* Lingualinks Workshops - 250 MB
* Lingualinks Library - 10 MB
* Fieldworks - 2.6 GB
* Streets & Trips - 1.3 GB
* Data Manager - 5.3 MB
* Adobe Acrobat - 121 MB
* C-Pen - 7.8 MB
* NET Bible - 13 MB
* QuickMem Greek - 0.6 MB
* Keyman - 1.5 MB
* WinZip - 7.3 MB
* Skype - 15 MB
* Neverwinter Nights 2 - 4.6 GB
* UT 2004 - 3 GB
* Age of Mythology; Titans expansion - 1.5 GB
* World of Warcraft (maybe...) - 4 GB
* Biorhythm Calculator - 2.3 MB
* Custom Cookbook - 77 MB
* Google Toolbar - 5.4 MB
* Inspiration - 29 MB
* Neverwinter Nights - 11 GB
* Object-Dock - 11.6 MB
So far, that's about 33.3 GB of application space, in the Windows partition.
Then, I have 9.3 GB of documents from my old computer. Without leaving room for expansion, that requires 42.6 GB. So, if I partition my drive for an even 60 GB per operating system, I should be fine for doing everything I need (and want) to do.
And If I keep all my pictures (2.6 GB) and media files (2.6 GB) on the Mac side, that eliminates another 5.2 GB from the Windows side requirement.
* Rob says that he has 16GB of stuff on his Windows side. Between S&T, NWN TK, Acrobat Reader, AOM and UT2004, he put an estimated 10.5 GB of additional stuff on there. That means that installing Windows actually put about 5.5 GB of stuff that he can't get rid of on that side, rather than the stated 1.5 GB that Windows would require. He's tried uninstalling some of the things he'll never need (like Windows Media Player and MSN Messenger) but the computer reinstalls these things whenever he restarts. Gak!
blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…
Let me start by saying that having ants in the home here in Maun is not considered to be a problem. It's just the way things are. The pl...
Here is Rob's record: June gave me a bunch of his health records from when he was a baby when we were visiting them for Christmas o...
For immigration to Botswana, we need to be medically examined and have a doctor certify that we are "not suffering from favus, framboes...
If your hair was a light brown before you bleached it, here are some products you could try: Clairol Natural Instincts: 14 Tweed - Li...
Literally. Rob just heard a sound on top of the air conditioner. When he looked, he thought he saw a snake's head. Thankfully, it was ju...