Saturday, February 18, 2006

Confirmation Day

Went to the BBQ last night (I brought homemade creamed corn; a first for me), played a little NWN online afterwards with Rob and Ryan.

Today, LTSS is hosting a Confirmation Day and we volunteered to do music for the morning worship. It was outdoors on the porch of Beam Dorm, looked like about 200 youth/adults there. I djembed/sang, Rob played guitar. We did Here in this place, Taste and see and Steve Bell's Hear our prayer. It was cold but people still seemed pretty pumped. The music part went reasonably well. Each song had a rough spot. For Here in this place, we started with the wrong rhythm and had to restart a couple of measures in. Hear our prayer was barely audible in the great outdoors with no amplification. And it seemed as if no-one knew the tune for Taste and see. We got a few measures in and I stopped when I realized that people were looking at me in shock, like, "Where did this tune come from?" I asked if we were doing the tune in the bulletin. They said yes. I got all confused. Then I felt dumb for stopping. We tried again. Turns out that some people knew the chorus but not the verses. Ah well. Some people commented to us later that they liked the music so it mustn't have been a travesty. I felt like I was totally having some kind of a Napoleon Dynamite moment.

Later, we went to an iconography workshop. Perhaps more on that later but perhaps not; we have to go buy milk and wool today.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…