Saturday, February 25, 2006

The week in review

Not that it's been a mad week or anything but it certainly felt, well, full. Here's kind of what it looked like, after Monday:
  • Tuesday - Class in the morning, homework and other Bible research in the afternoon. I had my Greek readings translation due in the morning. I was also getting together some concordance materials for my mother, for a Bible study she's going to be going to soon. There was a healing service in the evening that I went to as well.
  • Wednesday - Found out that Amy hasn't been feeling optimal for a few weeks so we got our groceries in the afternoon and I whipped up my famous chicken soup, boiling the bones while I worked on homework for Thursday. I had choir practice at 4:15, putting the finishing touches on our Bach piece for Thursday night.
  • Thursday - Turned into an unexpectedly hectic day. No class until 4:15 but it took almost all day to finish up my hand-in homework, due at class-time. My outline took me until about 1PM and then I was still 2 hours writing a summary of key context points. I was really pleased with my results ... until I got to class and heard the official answer. Turns out that I came to an entirely different conslusion from everyone else in the class, including (most critically) the prof. Yikes. Well, we see how he responds to my workings. I was pretty clear about how I came to the conclusions that I did. The class was even more jarring in light of the fact that I waited until 1.5 hours before class to get ready for the day and kind of accidentally crashed for about 45 minutes, only waking up 5 minutes before I absolutely had to leave for class. That meant being a little groggy and jittery when I got there, from running so soon after waking up. Class ended around 5:30, supper happened at 6:00 and I had to leave for chapel at 6:45 at the latest. That left me about 30 minutes to wash/dry my hair and make myself look nice for the special service. It was an appointment service for a new assistant-in-ministry for Region 9. I don't really understand all that but there were 5 (I think) bishops there and almost everyone was wearing a suit so it must have been a big deal. After chapel, we played Bible Scattergories at Amy and Beth's place. We had way too much fun.
  • Friday - I spent the bulk of the day assessing our progress in the area of partnership development. I compiled statistics related to income and specific efforts made to develop partners and came up with a preliminary look at how those two intersect. I then tried to see how past experience might shape our efforts in the future, particularly our local efforts here. I also looked at what it might mean for a location of a fall tour, pre-Namibia. I then sent that off to LBT for assessment and input. I made creamed corn in the crockpot during all this, my sidedish for the BBQ. The BBQ was sparsely attended last night, not sure why. I know there was a party going on across the way from our apartment but we checked that out afterwards; it was sparsely attended as well. I don't know where everyone was. Perhaps they went away for the weekend.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…