Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Sunday

We started Sunday out rather oddly. We were planning on going to a Lutheran church in Lexington, SC that I had been to last summer, Providence. However, we took a wrong turn somewhere (I didn't have the GPS out; it looked like a straight shot ...) and ended up miles away from the service, about 15 minutes into the service. Well, in our off-routing, we passed a sign for St Matthew's Lutheran Church and thought, hey, if we were going to be monstrously late anyway, might as well be somewhere we can actually get to soon. Of course we arrived at 11:15 to discover that they had a 10:30 service but I thought, "Ah ... let's go anyway."

So we did and got in right for the end of the sermon. People were very friendly and we met several folks after the service. I asked the pastor if he was related to one of my fellow seminarians (same last name and denomination) and it turns out that, yes: my fellow seminarian is the pastor's grandfather's double cousin's great-grandson. How's that for connections!

Went to watch the Superbowl with fellow seminarians last night. Seattle lost, even thought Rob and I were expressing interest in their progress vocally on occasion (cheering, I think that's the word). I wasn't sure what was going on at first so I developed sort of an inscrutable noise, one that could not be pegged as conveying either positive or negative emotion in relation to the event being "noised" at. Amy said I was getting really good at it, though she still had to prompt me as to when to use it on occasion.

This was my second Superbowl.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…