Friday, February 10, 2006

Green card!

It arrived in Chicago this morning! Woohoo!

"Weren't you just a couple of weeks ago lamenting that it had been mailed in September and you never received it?" you may ask. This is true. But it arrived at my mailing address today.

Which means I'll have it in time for my INS appointment on March 1 ... in Seattle. I just found out yesterday that I've been given a fingerprinting appointment in Seattle as part of the citizenship process. The woman at the Congressman's office who looked into my missing green card and enquired about my citizenship application told me that they would probably make the appointment in Seattle as that is my current permanent address. She advised me not to try and make it any nearer to where I actually physically am as that could confuse matters and delay the processing of my application. So, the only choice that we need to make is whether:
  • I'll fly alone to Seattle on February 28 and fly back on March 5
  • Rob flies with me on the 28th and we fly back together on the weekend of March 12: March 6 is the beginning of our Spring Break.

The reason for debate on this is that we had talked about taking advantage of local features on Spring Break, not of the least of which is a Silent Retreat at Snail's Pace up in NC. We should make the call on it soon, so we can get decent price on a ticket or tickets, whichever is the case.

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…