Sunday, December 21, 2008

Advent: Day 21



Isaiah 55:1 “Hey, all who are thirsty, come to the water!
You who have no money, come!
Buy and eat!
Come! Buy wine and milk
without money and without cost!


Many of the cultural groups here in Botswana make a form of traditional beer from one of the local grains. Sorghum and millet are favorites. At the Domboshaba festival, I was offered a chance to drink some of the Kalanga traditional beer. It was a bit sandier than I generally like in a beverage but it was also quite acidic and, therefore, refreshing. It was offered to me without cost. By their laughter as I was drinking, I think they considered themselves paid in full.

What has God offered you that you were hesitant to accept because it was completely foreign to you?

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…