Thursday, December 04, 2008

Advent: Day 4

Isaiah 42:5 This is what the true God, the Lord, says –
the one who created the sky and stretched it out,
the one who fashioned the earth and everything that lives on it,
the one who gives breath to the people on it,
and life to those who live on it:
42:6 “I, the Lord, officially commission you;
I take hold of your hand.
I protect you and make you a covenant mediator for people,
and a light to the nations,
42:7 to open blind eyes,
to release prisoners from dungeons,
those who live in darkness from prisons.”

54:9 “As far as I am concerned, this is like in Noah’s time,
when I vowed that the waters of Noah’s flood would never again cover the earth.
In the same way I have vowed that I will not be angry at you or shout at you.
54:10 Even if the mountains are removed
and the hills displaced,
my devotion will not be removed from you,
nor will my covenant of friendship be displaced,”
says the Lord, the one who has compassion on you.


During the rainy season, we see some pretty spectacular skies here. This is a photo that I took from the passenger window while we were driving back from Tim Beckendorf's place in Shakawe to the chalet where we were staying in Sepopa last Christmas. The rainbow has to be God's coolest mnemonic ever.

What other people, occasions or things are around you that remind you of times when God showed compassion because of covenant with you?

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…