Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Advent: Day 24





Isaiah 49:15 Can a woman forget her baby who nurses at her breast?
Can she withhold compassion from the child she has borne?
Even if mothers were to forget,
I could never forget you!


The youngest Muyeyi dancer I've seen yet was at the Kuru Dance Festival in August. What a cutie! Dancing around the older dancers in the tiny reed skirt, clapping along with the older women and just being generally cute. If there was action, he was there, in the middle of it. None of the dancers seemed to pay him any mind beyond an occasional glance or encouraging interaction. At one point, he ran in so close to the dancers that their rapidly-spinning reed skirts inadvertently gave him a bit of a head-whapping. He moved away quickly, none the worse for wear and the dancing continued.

When I first went through my photos after the event, I found myself wondering whose child this was among the other dancers. At first, I looked for family resemblance. The little boy travelled all around the group so I couldn't tell by proximity to any of the adults. Then, I noticed the last photo, the woman watching him as he stood near her. See how closely she watches him? I think we may have discovered his mother.

As you celebrate the birth of God's Son, Jesus Christ, remember that you too are a precious child of God.
You are never forgotten, even when you feel like you have wandered from God's presence.
You are never forsaken, even when you try to distance yourself from God.
God's Son has brought you into the Family.
God's Spirit has brought the Family into you.
God's eyes are drawn to you, adventurous, curious, precious child.
Thanks be to God.


Have an amazing Christmas.

much love,
Eshinee & Rob

No comments:

latest newsletter

blasts from the Dancing Sni's past…